MountAppFilesystem() error when exporting model

Started by Hylle, October 04, 2013, 12:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hylle

Hello

After a fresh format I think Steams new folder system Steampipe is causing me some trouble.

First I had the gameinfo.txt missing error, then I edited the gameinfo directory in WWMT settings, that fixed the error.

But now I get this strange error, any ideas what it might be or workarounds?

Update:

I could get rid of the error by editing the settings so my bin dir in WMMT settings now is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\

Instead of the bin dir from VCProject called something with orange box...

However, it is still generating a error from WMMT's batch file because of this -nop4 argument:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\studiomdl.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\" -nop4 "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\hyllesen\sourcesdk\modelsrc\celf\stol_teater.qc"

It won't work because of the -nop4 argument, however this will:

@echo on
REM Compiling using the Wall Worm Batch File...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\studiomdl.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\" stol_teater.qc
@pause

But from what I just read it seems that I would actually need to use the orange box studiomdl.exe, because it allows the -nop4 argument so WMMT can easily make the batchfiles for seperate files.

wallworm

It is odd that -nop4 would be a reason for it to not run. I've just tried between CSGO and Insurgency (later engines), CS:S after Steampipe and also Hidden:Source (using a very old flavor of Source). In none of them did the compilers fail.

For some versions of Source, Steam has to be running. Is it possible Steam just wasn't running yet? Or that you hadn't at least once opened one of the SDK tools for that mod before exporting? Sometimes you need to run Hammer or HLMV once, for example, for some of the SDK tools to work.

Please confirm. I'm interested in the issue, but my current suspicion is that it is not because of  -nop4 (in fact, you can sometimes get notices during the compile if you don't have that parameter... but it is just a notice.

Hylle

When I try to run Hammer.exe in the orangebox/bin folder, it gives me the exact same error as the WMMT batch file did. MountAppFilesystem error. The title of the msgbox is VConfig error.

I have deleted my VProject enviroment variable because I did not think I needed it. I have to reset game configurations in Source SDK tools with CS:S selected to restore it.

Same error still with hammer.exe in orangebox/bin. I also have SDK tools running from Steam just in case even though that it broken now.

VConfig.exe gives the same MountApp error.

Sorry I can't look more into it right now I have to go. I think the fault probably lies more within my Steam install.

Update: I have kinda given up on fixing this for now, I have the modified batch I use instead, though it's a bit of a hassle having to change the filename.

wallworm

Did you find a solution?

I have not experienced any of these kinds of problems before or after your post, using several mods. So my best guess is something messed up on your particular system.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk