Importing CS:GO Weapon Model Texture Issue.

Started by Nano, September 26, 2013, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nano

Using 3Ds Max 2013.
Installed wall worm, updated it and checked for problems (none), followed your video and have also followed other videos and still cannot get the tga file to show up on the cs:go weapon models in 3Ds max.

My settings. I moved my 'steam' folder to another hard drive, I believe my folder paths are correct.

Wall worm, wall worm importers, SMD and QC importer.
Options I leave default, import deagle_model.smd, I then hide bones. Open tga file.

Yet the model is still grey... I would love some insight on what I'm doing incorrect! Thanks!

wallworm

This is almost certainly because of the Legacy VTF setting inside the global settings.

Turn Legacy VTF off. Then re-export the model and the textures.

The legacy VTF setting is something I simply do not test anymore.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Nano

Still doesn't work.
I didn't know I had to 're-export' anything, I'm simply looking to create weapon finishes for cs:go's future workshop and using 3dsmax would help me out a lot when trying to define certain parts of the TGA file in photoshop.
I have also noticed that when I import the model it looks terrible. Maybe I am missing something...

EDIT: I am reinstalling steam on my C drive, hoping this fixes up some other issues also.

wallworm

OK... I've mis-understood the nature of your question. I misread that you could not export the textures (and assumed it was because of the legacy vtf setting).

Regarding the materials. By default, Max does not show a material in the viewport. You must turn that on by selecting the material in the material editor and clicking the little checker icon in the material editor toolbar that has a tooltip labeled : "Show Shaded Material in Viewport".

Regarding the mangled mesh... I cannot really say. I'm assuming it was decompiled then imported? I have never used a decompiler but when people send me samples of models generated with a decompiler, it seems to be a common problem.

Nano

Yes that worked, I only used a little 3ds max back in 2000 when I was in college!

All I have to do is have the TGA file open > save it and can see the changes in 3ds max! Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk