Having a hard time understanding this instruction

Started by Zeon, October 12, 2013, 03:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeon

QuoteImport Props

Once the scene is imported, you can convert the prop entities to meshes by clicking the Import Props from Scene Entities button. But before you do this, STOP! Save your file first so you can easily revert it. The reason is that if the props are imported at a wrong angle, you'll want to re-import them--and to do that you may want to revert your scene.

Props are first imported to a hidden layer called VMF_Exclude. Then WW creates proxies of these hidden objects and places them at the entity locations. Note that the root (hidden) models are assigned WWMT helpers that have much of the data from the original QC.

Where exactly is this Scene Entities button so I can import the props I need.

wallworm

Hi... sorry about the confusion. That button is located in the VMF Importer UI. It only works on scene entities, which are likely brought in from a VMF import.

Zeon

Oh I see it thanks, but I don't understand how Wall Worm is suppose to import the props from the game, it needs QC and SMD files, but there aren't such things in my L4D2 folder, isn't there another way of importing them?

wallworm

Sorry... there is no other way. You could try using one of the MDL decompilers to convert the MDL files into SMD/QC.

Zeon

Oh okay. :) So where and how should I place the files so they can be found?

Zeon

wallworm

Glad you figured it out.

To help the community, can you please explain the solution to your problem. That will help others who may have the same problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk