CorVex Game Geometry plugin Now Available

Started by wallworm, December 11, 2013, 04:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I'm now done with a new geometry plugin for 3ds Max that is targeted at level design. You can create fairly complex base layouts and walls with simple UV controls. Get CorVex now.

wallworm

CorVex is now Available for purchase. The introductory price is $4. In February 2014, the price will be $10. Those of you wanting to start using Max as a substitute for Hammer will hopefully enjoy this new tool.

Here is the first of several videos I've made on using CorVex. The others will follow throughout the weekend.

wallworm

wallworm

There is a problem at this moment with the VMF exporter regarding CorVex objects. I will release an update to WW to fix this ASAP (hopefully later today). I'm also releasing new updates to CorVex that add some new UVW controls.

wallworm

The Bug mentioned above has been fixed in the Wall Worm VMF Exporter.

Also, I've updated CorVex to add the following UV options:

* Lock Aspect Ratio of Map Height/Width
* Independent UV scale/offset for the top/bottom from the sides.

wallworm

CorVex 1.2 update loaded today:

Version 1.2

* Negative Height now creates geoemtry with normals in the correct direction.
* Added new checkbox called Export as World Geometry. Used with the Wall Worm VMF Exporter.
* Added Spline Base button to Delete spline.
* Added Spline Base button to select all splines.
* New Spline pivots now align to CorVex position.
* Exposed the cutter objects in the UI. You can now set objects in the scene as cutting objects. See Known Issues in Docs.

Please note that you cannot use Cutter objects when targeting the VMF Exporter at this moment. Actually, that isn't entirely true... but the CorVex objects will need tweaked to export when using Cutters. You would have to add a Edit Mesh modifier followed by an Edit Poly modifier... then remove the verts and set correct edges... so at this moment the cutters are not really a viable optimization.

wallworm

I'm working on a new update to CorVex that includes a Wall Mode. I'm sure you will enjoy this one.

wallworm

Version 1.3 (See Known Issues if Upgrading)

* Added Wall Mode and Wall Width values.
* Removed step spinner.
* Separated CorVex parameters into the following parameter blocks: Parameters, UV Controls, Material IDs and Cutters.
* Added Wall UV Tops selection for how to UV the top of walls. Default uses a global world space.
  The alternate method is to use the same UV as the first side of the wall block.
* Added Bake to Geometry button. When pressed, creates an Editable Poly snapshot of the CorVex object
  and hides the CorVex. If the Export as World Geometry is on, deactivates it and tags the clone to export.
* Added Material ID controls for wall ends and wall side 2.
* Added button to get spline bases from another CorVex.
* Added button to get properties from another CorVex.
* Added button to generate a multimaterial for the CorVex object.
* Added UV Side Method called Reset Each Face.
* Fixed Bug where SplineShape() objects were not used in mesh generation, even though they worked in 1.0.

Get CorVex Here to enhance your toolset for level design while supporting the Wall Worm project!

wallworm

I released 1.3 yesterday but today already have some new features. You should be able to use the download link I sent out yesterday if you already own CorVex.

Version 1.35

* Added Start and End Angles for open walls (made from non-closed splines).
* Added button to reset Open End Angles to 90 degrees.
* Updated the Bottom UVs to match the UVs of tops when using the From Side option of Wall Top Method.
* Added new Side Method for Walls to set UV of Second Side of walls to line up with the first side. The flow from one side to top to bottom will align if you set the Side Method to Wall Match Both Sides.
* Updated UI to disable the T/B Rotation spinner if the Wall Top Method is set to From Side.

Version 1.31

* Fixed cutter object list not displaying cutter objects.

wallworm

Version 1.36

* Fixed UVW on top/bottom to work even with negative height and negative wall widths in Wall Mode.

wallworm

Version 1.37

* Added control for Bottom UV Method to separate from that used on Top/Bottom of walls.

* Added control for top/bottom UV to control the coordinate system used for top/bottom global coordinates. See Known Issues when using the CorVex coordinate system for Top/Bottom.

* Fixed bug in CorVex geometry getting offset when the pivot of the CorVex is moved. Simultaneously updated Wall Worm VMF Exporter to accommodate the same scenario. See Known Issues if using the Corvex as the Top/Bottom coordinate system.

If you already own CorVex, you should still be able to use the link sent the other day to download the latest version. Please simultaneously download the latest version of Wall Worm.

wallworm

There was a bug in the UVW of wall tops but that is fixed. You can re-download this if you have the plugin already.

I also updated the documentation to reflect CorVex 1.37+.

wallworm

Version 1.39

* Added new parameter for the Offset Vector. Previously, the offset was always set to use the direction of the Spline's local Z axis in world space. Now you can choose to use World Z, Corvex Z or Spline Z. The default is now World Z, so if you have an existing CorVex that used the spline's orientation for the offset vector, change this parameter in the main parameter rollout.
* Added ability to use negative Open Wall End angles.
* Added button to swap values between start and end angles.
* Fixed UVW bug on tops/bottoms that happened on closed walls with negative height, negative wall width and certain spline orientations.
* Fixed UVW of tops/bottoms when using a vector not aligned to the World.
* Fixed UVW on ends of open walls with negative height.
* Updated the top/bottom UVW to be compatible with the Wall Worm VMF Exporter regardless of the CorVex UV coordinate system.

wallworm

Version 1.4

* Added Stack Selection rollout. Offers various sections to send to the modifier stack including the following face selection checkboxes for all CorVex objects: Sides, Tops, Bottom. And for Wall Mode Corvex objects: Open Ends, Wall Side 2 and Hidden Sides.

I've also made notice on the CorVex page that the introductory sale price of CorVex for $4 is going to end in the near future. Once over, the cost of CorVex will be $10.

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk