CorVex Game Geometry plugin Now Available

Started by wallworm, December 11, 2013, 04:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.61

* Fixed a bug in the Pick Material functions added in 1.6. The material picker was failing if the closes hit node did not have a mesh property.

wallworm

Version 1.62 Released

* Added new property Increment Type. Now the height of each wall element or each block mode block can be incremented. Possible settings are None (all tops equal height), Step (where each element has a flat top) or Slope (where each element's height transitions from the highest point of the last element to the lowest height of the next). None and Step work in all modes. Slope only works in Wall Mode.

* Added new property Increment Amount that determines how much higher one block is than the last.

* Added new Top/Bottom height/width parameters for the top/bottom UV calculations. This allows the top and bottom UVs to have as granular control as the side UVs.

* Added new utilities to generate new splines from sections of a CorVex object.

* Fixed a bug in the Pick Material functions added in 1.6. The material picker was failing if the current material on the current CorVex object wasn't a MultiMaterial.

* Fixed bug in mapping coordinates when the Match Height was set to true and the current height of the CorVex object is 0. Now the mapping calculations will check to make sure that the Mapping Height value will always be non-zero.

* Fixed bug with some Wall CorVex objects where elements would get incorrect division angles between elements.

wallworm

Version 1.63

* Added new setting Reset Step Per Spline. This setting is used with the Step and Slope Increments. When enabled, each spline (and each subspline if in Wall Mode) will reset to the initial height. When off, the increment always continues from the last height of the last subspline.

* Added
another Top/Bottom UV Scale option: Use Side UV Scale. This forces the top scale to match the sides and is the new default value for the UV Scale method.

* Added support for XREF Materials in the functions to get bitmap dimensions.

* Fixed
the Get Properties from CorVex function to collect some properties that were missing.

* Fixed bug in the Side 1 Material ID setting in Wall Mode. It now applies to hidden sides of walls as it worked in earlier versions of CorVex.

wallworm

Version 1.64

• Fixed a bug when using the Material ID from Spline setting on a Block CorVex where the spline was not closed.
  • Fixed the Material IDs to honor the Lock All IDs setting mixed with Material ID from Spline.

CarbonCopyCat

Will CorVex get an option similar to the current slope option with constant thickness throughout? It would be useful for making curved sloped roads and such easily without having to convert the CorVex object to an editable poly.

wallworm

It should currently already have a constant thickness. The only caveat I know of is that, at this moment, curved slopes often need to have the sloped side edited manually to break non-planar polygons and/or to turn the triangulation in order to properly export into Source. I hope to eventually alleviate that.

In terms of what you are asking, it's possible that I'm not interpreting the question correctly.

CarbonCopyCat

I should probably work on my explaining-via-text skills, but anyway, by constant thickness I meant something like the slope on the right, rather than the one on the left (which is the slope mode currently in CorVex):

wallworm

OK, I understand now. I thought you meant width.

You can already accomplish this with CorVex. The attached image shows the settings. Simply make the spline non-planar (move some of the vertices up or down on Z).

Note that, like mentioned in my last post, this can create problems with the VMF exporter so you will need to use an Edit Poly modifier or collapse to poly and break non-planar polygons and/or turn some edges on top/bottom polygons. I hope to add a setting in CorVex to deal with that scenario eventually, but for the moment you'll have to tweak it if you need it as brushes.

Orvid

Enabling the "Break Non-Planar Polygons" option in the VMF exporter should also be enough, as it causes the exporter to add that modifier to a duplicate of the object at compile-time. Just be aware that this can slow down the export.

wallworm

CorVex 1.65 out today. Includes new functions:

* Added function to collapse all control splines into a single spline. Function in CorVex modify tab under the Base Splines list and in the CorVex Utility Floater. Click for no welding; right-click to weld.

* Added button to create a Point Helper at each knot of selected splines in CorVex Utility Floater. Click for points at knots; right-click for points at interpolated knots.

And new video with a lot of CorVex usage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5on5u4nMzzQ

wallworm

Version 1.66

* Added new Rollout labeled Wall Worm Connection. Handles tags for Wall Worm's VMF exporter.

* Moved the "Export as World Geometry" check box to the Wall Worm Connection rollout.

* Added new parameter: Tag As Func Detail. Used with Wall Worm's VMF exporter.

* Added new parameter: Tag As Sky. Used with Wall Worm's VMF exporter.

* Added New Stack Selection option for Concave Polygons. Selects Polygons that should be re-triangulated.

Note that if you downloaded CorVex earlier today, it had everything up through the Concave Polygon selection option. I added this option later and fixed the version # in the UI.

Also, the new checkboxes for WW Export Tags require the very latest version of WW that was loaded yesterday.

wallworm

Version 1.67

* Added new parameter Force Convex Polygons. When on, all four-sided polygons are re-triangulated if they are not convex.

* Added new parameter Edge Threshold. Controls the threshold at which polygons are broken with visible edges into separate polygons.

When you turn on Force Convex Polygons all of the elements are re-triangulated to be convex. This is helpful for sloped walls or any CorVex object who's splines are not planar. It works on all 3-4 sided polygons (not on the tops/bottoms of block corvex elements that happen to have more than 4 sides). Note that it works in tandem with the Edge Threshold for sides. Edge Threshold was always set to a hard-coded value in older versions of CorVex. New versions let you set the threshold.

Both of these new parameters make it far easier to create valid brush geometry with little manual cleanup.

Turning on Force Convex Polygons does create a performance hit, but not noticeable in most scenes.

wallworm

Version 1.69

* Fixed bug in Wall Mode where last wall block would have poor triangulation.

Version 1.68

* Added checkbox to force all vertices to snap to the grid.

* Fixed bug where last side in each block would get incorrect material ID when using Material From Spline. Bug did not affect wall mode.

* Fixed bug where the first side of a block CorVex would use the Side 1 Material ID even when Lock IDs was on. Now the first side of block mode honors the Lock IDs setting. Bug did not affect wall mode.

wallworm

Version 1.7 and 1.71

* Fixed a bug where the function acos() would return a value of (-1.#IND) for angles between blocks in Wall Mode, causing  some elements of the wall to be corrupt.

* Fixed a bug introduced recently where some spline types could crash CorVex.

I discovered the second bug only minutes after loading 1.7 so within minutes loaded 1.71.

wallworm

Version 1.74

* Fixed Normals on Wall Mode when the height is negative.

* Fixed UVS on top/bottom of Wall Mode when height is negative.

* Fixed a bug in Wall Mode when UVs set to Normalized.

* Minor Code Optimization.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk