Problem with model size when exporting

Started by Bjorn, January 20, 2014, 11:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

Hello there, I'm a complete beginner at this so please bear with me.
My problem is that when I exported a model from .obj to .smd and open it in Source SDK it is tiny. It doesn't matter if I increase the size in 3Ds Max and export it again, once I open it in source it is the same size as before. I saw something in another thread that it might be caused by the scale of the object, which I have set to '1' in the WallWorm model tools window.  Would really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice on how to solve this!

wallworm

Welcome to Wall Worm.

Your solution is to read and soak up this article: My Model Scale is Wrong.

Bjorn

Thank you!  :D Will report back if I don't manage to solve it

jammarman

When I export my model, and I spawn it in Gmod, the model is about 1/5 the height it should be, however the base is width and depth are the correct dimensions. It is also untextured (purple and black)

Any idea what I might be doing wrong,

oh and I am pretty sure I did not set up my texture directories right so I will probably be able to fix the textures, But I have no Idea what to do about the stretching
Thanks

Ben,

wallworm

Quote from: jammarman on January 28, 2014, 06:44:35 AM
When I export my model, and I spawn it in Gmod, the model is about 1/5 the height it should be, however the base is width and depth are the correct dimensions.

I've merged your post into another recent thread with the same question. Read the article linked above.

jammarman

Wow!, thanks for the fast reply, to make the wall worm model tools and give them out for free is one thing, but to actively reply and try to solve everyone issues with it is just amazing, I certainly did not expect to get a reply overnight.

Thanks  :)

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk