Anvil VMF Exporter locks Max entirely and leaves a no "IsDeleted" function error

Started by Joris Ceoen, March 03, 2014, 12:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joris Ceoen

So I have recently been stumbling across an unusual error in 3DS Max while using Anvil and CorVex.

This never happened until I started to copy-paste previously baked geometry. Either that, or because I copied an already existing model in my scene that was assigned to a WWMT helper and then when I wanted to select it to make a new model and new WWMT out of it it just redirected me to the original model.

As such, I thought I would make a new box, assign it as new model, add the copied model on it, deleted the box, then tried exporting it. Then, when I wanted to export the scene as .vmf it also ended up giving the error.

The weird thing is, I reverted to a backup copy file where none of these previous changes where done and I started again copying the baked worldbrush geometry and first exported it to test, and it worked. Then, I selected an earlier copied pillar from the original model (which was back then not assigned to a WWMT) and it produced a fine new WWMT helper, and set up everything, exported the model. But then again, when I wanted to export the scene, it gave me the same error.

The problem of the error is that it locks 3DS Max in some kind of way where no matter what I select, I can't see any names/modifiers and I can't do anything at all.

I can't continue mapping at this point in the file, which is why I resorted to the forums.

wallworm

Thanks for reporting.

Two things, so that I can catch this kind of error, please hit F11 and copy all the error comments into this thread.

And to unfreeze the UI, type this into the pink MAXScript listener at bottom left of Max:

enablesceneredraw()

And hit ENTER.

resumeEditing()

And hit ENTER.

Joris Ceoen

Here is the MAXScript Listener. Thanks for the fixes, Helps me out a ton!

Note: PhysX SDK initialized
Note: PhysX Plugin initialized
Max to Physcs Geometry Scale = 1.0
Max to Physcs Geometry Scale = 1.0
-- Error occurred in outputWWMT(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 96665; line: 394
--  Defined in encrypted script
--   called in wwmt loop; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 121080; line: 493
--   called in outputVMF(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 121097; line: 493
--   called in btn_export.pressed(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\scripts\WallWorm.com\WallWormUtilities\exportSceneAsVMF.ms; position: 27276; line: 609
--  Frame:
--   vmf: undefined
--   addednoticice: undefined
--   minutes: undefined
--   ended: undefined
--   seconds: undefined
--   started: 64342224
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- No ""isDeleted"" function for undefined <<

wallworm

So I will patch this bug.

Also, there is a way to remove all WWMT info from a node:

right-click the node and click on Object Properties. Then go to user defined tab and delete the line that will look something like this:

wwmt_source = wwmt_source_Box001_001

And hit OK.

To clear form many objects, you can open Anvil > Models tab and click the Clear WWMT button in the WWMT Model Functions section.

After that, the items will have this in the user defined:

wwmt_source =

You can leave that line if you want or delete, it won't matter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk