How to duplicate objects w/o messing up WWMT?

Started by kinggambit, April 12, 2014, 09:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinggambit

I have 2 similar but different train models. The first one I modeled, mapped, and exported successfully.

However, I duplicated my second train by shift-dragging, then manipulated the parts I wanted to change. When I go to select an object in WWMT, it will recognize the original model of the first train (so if i clicked on hide, the first train would disappear but nothing from the second train).

Am I going about this the wrong way? I'm assuming there's some attribute that's applied to the original object so that it's transferred over when duplicated. I just don't know how to remove those attributes.

wallworm

This is a quirk in WWMT. If you want to copy the root mesh in a WWMT struct, the name binding it to a WWMT helper is stored in the user data of the node. The clear this, you can do one of these:

* Right-click the copied mesh, choose Object Properties, open the User Defined Tab and remove the line that begins with: "wwmt_source = "

* Or select the mesh and open the WWMT floater, scroll down to the Utilities rollout and then click the Clear WWMT button.

There is a major update to WWMT coming out soon that may alleviate this altogether.

kinggambit

Ah awesome, thanks Shawn!  ;D

So glad that I switched from Maya to 3DS Max. WWMT so much help for source modeling!

wallworm

wallworm

So I'm working on WW 2.0 and this quirk has been removed. If you want to test the 2.0 update, feel free to contact me directly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk