Wall Worm 2.0 beta coming soon

Started by wallworm, April 13, 2014, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Wall Worm 2.0 is almost here. Aside from some miscellaneous updates, the next major step in the evolution of WW is an enhanced data storage for WWMT Helpers. For the last 4 years, WWMT stored data in the userprop attribute of nodes. This was a valid way of doing it all along, but it was not optimal. It has been that way all along because when I started programming with MAXScript, that was the only method I knew.

All along, WW development would have been more efficient had I started with storing WWMT data in a scripted plugin or custom attribute. But I didn't really start learning about that side of MAXScript until a year or so back.

Anyway, I've mostly completed this transition to using Custom Attributes. This means that for the WWMT helper, most of the main attributes can be edited in the modify panel. I won't get all attributes transferred over for 2.0 ... but the parameters for the WWMT rollouts of Model & QC, Collision Hull and Physics and Prop Data & Custom Gibs are all part of the 2.0 release. To edit other properties (such as sequences, attachments, etc) you'll still need to use the traditional WWMT UI.

I'll be asking some people to test this update in the coming days. If you'd like to test, just let me know.

wallworm

WW 2.0 is well on its way. I need some more testers. Contact me directly if you want to test the updates coming.

wallworm

This update is on the verge of being released... but I'm going to test it just a little longer. If you want to test it, just email me.

wallworm

An exciting list of new features is coming to WW. I appreciate the encouraging emails right now. Please wait just a little longer. I will likely have this new update out tonight. Adding some final touches. Look forward to many new goodies and improved ease-of-use. It may be late in the night before I have it out.

wallworm

I'm too tired tonight to do a full write-up, and I have a lot of explaining to do on WW2.0. So I'm not updating the main WW Download Link until tomorrow.

At this moment, I suggest that you backup any scene you currently want to test WW2 with. I've done a ton of testing and tweaking over the last couple of weeks regarding this, and I've gotten a lot of feedback from testers on various issues. I'm pretty sure it's ready to go... but I am not saying it's official until tomorrow.

Please send me feedback. I'll be producing some videos to explain some of the new features, enhancements, bug fixes and other tidbits through the week.

Oh yeah... please show your support for all this effort by buying CorVex. It's an inexpensive but powerful plugin that enhances WW. You'll be happy to have a new tool and I'll be happy to have some more income! (I have a new update of CorVex coming out next week too... one that adds some new features.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk