Ragdoll

Started by saref, April 06, 2014, 01:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saref

My ragdoll foot problems. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWX7OdXJrjs. Help me please.

wallworm

You can try using the Bone Tools at Wall Worm > Wall Worm Model Tools > Bone Tools and setting the Skip Joint command for the feet bones. That feature was added in update I just loaded.

saref

Quote from: wallworm on April 06, 2014, 12:29:19 PM
You can try using the Bone Tools at Wall Worm > Wall Worm Model Tools > Bone Tools and setting the Skip Joint command for the feet bones. That feature was added in update I just loaded.
Ok. Thank you.

wallworm

Also look into changing the joints' damping settings in the hierarchy panel.

saref

Quote from: wallworm on April 10, 2014, 07:08:03 PM
Also look into changing the joints' damping settings in the hierarchy panel.
Not helped. Now part of ragdoll just falls into the ground

Joris Ceoen

When looking at the video, aside from the problem it looks like most joints are actually rotating too much, looking as if all of his ligaments are torn. I suggest to base yourself upon most of Valve's biped's to look at how the body parts and the collisions should rotate as opposed to each other. Feets won't turn that much so when he lies on his back on the ground, his feet shouldn't be able to touch the ground. In fact it may even help you solve the problem all together  :)

saref

Quote from: jorisceoen on April 29, 2014, 01:30:47 PM
When looking at the video, aside from the problem it looks like most joints are actually rotating too much, looking as if all of his ligaments are torn. I suggest to base yourself upon most of Valve's biped's to look at how the body parts and the collisions should rotate as opposed to each other. Feets won't turn that much so when he lies on his back on the ground, his feet shouldn't be able to touch the ground. In fact it may even help you solve the problem all together  :)
Thank you. I will try it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk