Error "func_breakable_surf"

Started by daniele87, May 03, 2014, 08:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniele87

Hi, every time I try to assign the function "breakable_surf" wallworm gives me this error (see the screenshot) .. but next I find the properties correctly assigned to the object .. why? Same problem in 3ds max 2012-2013 and 2014 and wallworm model tools Version 2.043

wallworm

This error is probably due to an out-dated Entity Cache and/or an out-dated version of WW.

Entity definitions in WW are stored as custom attribute definitions on your computer that allow WW to load/us the entities quickly without having to recalculate them from the FGD file every time needed. But if there is a new feature or a bug in the entities, you have to manually update the FGD cache.

Try doing this:

1) First update to the latest version of WW.

2) Open Wall Worm > Wall Worm Settings and click the Reparse button in the FGD section. It will update all the definitions for your entity cache.

After this has been done, you can update the existing entities in a scene by clicking Wall Worm > Wall Worm Utilities > Check for Problems, and check for the Out-Of-Date Entities. If any are found, there will be a message in the MAXScript listener prompting you to run this function:

wallworm_update_all_entities()

Note that that function only works if you have loaded a tool that might load the entity functions (like the entity floaters, problem checker, etc). And it only updates entities in a scene if the FGD cache is updated after installing the latest version of WW.

Hopefully this helps.

If not, you'll need to send me the full error message in the MAXScript listener by pressing F11 when it happens and post the full contents of the message. I have a feeling this error is already fixed in the latest WW and entity parser.

daniele87

Hi, thank you.. now it work correctly.. but after updating wallworm to last version.. i have another problem that before I had.. see the screenshot, new version don't export collision in my model.

wallworm

wallworm

In the meantime, you may be able to select your WWMT Helper and add a hull through the Modify Panel. This is some of the newer ways to interact with WWMT.

wallworm

And this is now fixed in the latest WW download.

daniele87

Ok thank you Shawn..
I would have one last question for you .. do not know how, but every objects in my scene has been attributed this parameter "wallworm_exported_brush_ids =" ..
I was coming out crazy, this renders the objects completely black.
Is there a way (eg: find & replace) to remove this attribute from the properties of my objects? I hope it was clear, thank you very much!

wallworm

That parameter gets added automatically at export so you can use the Find Brush By ID in WW.

So you are saying that this parameter is affecting the renders? What renderer are you using? Or are you saying that the objects are not exporting.

As a test, see if this helps:

setUserProp objects "wallworm_exported_brush_ids" undefined

If this helps, just use that after export and I will update the next version to use this method instead.

If this doesn't change anything, I'll need more info or perhaps a new method for storing brush IDs. But I've not heard any report of this kind of issue in the past.

daniele87

then, the game on which I do the test, is Insurgency ..
when I export an object from 3ds max containing this parameter "wallworm_exported_brush_ids =" no number after the symbol "=" , in-game, this will be completely black, the source engine, it will not render the textures... but eliminating this attribute, or set "undefined" work perfectly. Exist a command string to eliminate "wallworm_exported_brush_ids="?
Sorry for my english!

See the screenshot

wallworm

This just doesn't seem like it can possibly effect the level in the game because the IDs in the User Data are only used inside 3ds Max. That attribute is only added during the export process and it is only used inside Max/WW.

Does your level have a light entity? You can place a Target Direct or Free Direct to export as a light environment.

Feel free to send me your scene via File > Save As > Archive and I can test the file in Insurgency.

wallworm

This may also be a result of a bug I've discovered where the compiler isn't running automatically after export. You may have to click the Run Compile Batch to see changes in your level after you export. I will fix this bug today.

wallworm

Please download the very latest version of WW. It fixes a bug where the compiler was not running automatically after exporting the level. I also updated the userdata to store the brush id as undefined for non-brushes all the time. New objects that are not brushes will no longer get the parameter at all.

daniele87

I have updated to last version, but there are many problems.. I returned to version 1.989 released on 4-6-2014, without problem!
This is result to use latest version..

I send you in PM the map .max

wallworm

I have downloaded the file and am looking into the issue. I'll share feedback shortly.

daniele87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk