Exporting MassFX Hulls

Started by NVBX, August 05, 2014, 06:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NVBX

Hi,

I saw the video on Convex Hulls which I liked and I used the WW tools and Hull helper, I created hulls which although weren't bad they had some issues around the doors I'm trying to create a collision LOD for.

I used MassFX is 3ds and it created hulls independent of elements which worked (mostly) a lot better. What I am wondering is if it's possible to export those Hulls created by MassFX into a seperate object or file. I am working on a building for Arma 3 which utilizes LODS which each LOD has its own mesh. So I use optimize and such for resolution LODS, but I'd like to use MassFX to create Collision and Shadow models, as they must be convex.

Thanks for any helps and/or suggestions.   ;D

Nevbox

wallworm

Welcome to WW.

I guess I'm a little bit confused on what the current problem is. WW's Hull Helper actually just uses MassFX functions. The only thing is that WW automates turning each element into a hull. If you don't want that, then using the standard MassFX Rigid Body Modifier and it's function to create a single hull mesh is just fine.

Exporting those hull into their own files is as simple as exporting any other Max object.

I guess I am not understanding 100% what the real dilemma is.

NVBX

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

That was the problem I think, WW used elements. I guess what I'm asking is how can I separate the MassFX Rigid hull from the .max file. I've generated them and they're on the modifier list, but I can't seem to work out how to export them.

NVBX

wallworm

You can make the hull its own object by clicking the Convert to Custom Shape button in the MassFX Rigid Body modifier. To save that into a separate file, you can select that mesh and choose File > Save As > Save Selected.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk