Wallworm seems to go crazy after importing level

Started by the6thmonkey, January 26, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the6thmonkey

I tried importing a basic layout from hammer into wallworm, and as a result my computer started experiencing constant mouse clicks until I restarted.  This happened each time I tried to import the layout

wallworm

I haven't seen this. Can you send me the VMF you are importing?

the6thmonkey

wallworm

You can find it in the WW Readme that comes with WW.

the6thmonkey

okay found and sent ;)
edit:looks like I might of accidentally stopped it from going crazy before I sent it :/
Still getting invalid brushes from simple blocks as you can probably see

wallworm

Ok , sent you a version I imported. I found a few brushes too that you'll need to recreate. There are some brushes that get imported badly sometimes. I think it's a rounding error that I am not sure its even possible to address automatically. It's something that occurs on some specific brushes from some VMFs... but I've never been able to figure out the common thread among those that fail. You may just need to recreate those few brushes.

Can you share how you got the import to stop going crazy. It isn't something I've even seen or heard. What version of Max are you using? And are your service packs up-to-date?

Hopefully you share some screen shots of your map as you work on it :)

the6thmonkey

I'm using service pack 5 2014 edition

I think the problem may of been caused in the previous version because the steps you see were mitered at the corners instead of simple blocks. Can't imagine how that would have caused the bug though

I'll post some screenshots soon :)

Orvid

Now that I think about it, the brushes that failed to import in my fairly simple map were also mitered (and I was only able to get them in that shape after some *very* careful adjustment of the verts, otherwise hammer would try to build the sides wrong...)

wallworm

As it turns out, I think you should be able to import the same level now with NO brush problems. Get the latest version now and Give it a try :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk