Why is this not Convex?

Started by JimmyNijs, January 28, 2015, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyNijs

Hey there, please excuse me for this incredibly newb question, but I just can't seem to figure this out.

So, I have this block here, and I modeled it a bit after the example that was presented in the Hammered to The Max guide. It says right there it should be a convex model. However, every time I run the problem checker over my version, it says it may not be convex.
I am not entirely sure why it does that. Why does it think exactly why this model might not be convex? Or am I just worrying about nothing? I can't export it to test it at this moment, as I don't have access to Steam at the moment, because I am working at school right now.

Again, please excuse me for this dumb question, I am just wondering if I am doing this correctly.

wallworm

Welcome to Wall Worm :)

At this time, Wall Worm uses a native Max function from the PhysX/MassFX tools to test the convexity of objects. Unfortunately, that function sometimes returns a false positive for concavity. That is why the header to the convex sections should be labeled "The following items may not be convex." If not, I will update that. Usually, if you are meticulous to a brush and understand convex/concave and are certain that it is convex, then you usually have nothing to worry about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk