Can sbest practice in setting up the root folders

Started by soba, February 10, 2015, 05:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soba

[/img]Hey guys,

I'm a total noob at this, no coding skills what so ever, I can draw good though lol.

So I installed wall worm and I and dont know what the best practice for setting up my root folders. I'm looking to create content to load into hammer and source, specifically for the source filmmaker app.

the baths in source are so confusing, and when i want the tutorials the roots look different.

if anyone can help please do, I'll greatly appreciate it.

for

modelsrc X:\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\bin      <--------Is this even close to correct?

materialscr  ?

map ?

Bin Dir ?

Game Info  ?

thank you

soba

wallworm

Well, the easiest method is to use the Import button at the bottom right of the settings and browse for your game's GameCOnfig.txt inside the bin folder of your mod. In that case, your paths are generally automated.

[EDIT] And to answer your actual question, no, that is not the correct modelsrc. In my case, for CS:GO, the modelsrc is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content\modelsrc . But, again, use the import button to load the CSGO paths. After it imports, just click on the mod name in the setting preset lists. Then tweak the other settings to your need.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk