Wall Worm Prop Library Functions

Started by wallworm, March 10, 2015, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

You may have noticed that the most recent versions of WW VMF Importer has a button to Import Props From VMF and also the old import props from scene entities. I suggest that both of these functions be used with caution because I've found a scenario where Max freezes. I think it is sequential and happens if a material cannot be found in an import... but I do not know how the problem occurs.

I am working on an update to the library system that will utilize XRef Scenes for imported WWMT models. I don't think that update will be available today. Look forward to it tomorrow or later this week.

wallworm

I could not solve the problem of props in the current VMF Importer... so beware of these issues:

In the current VMF Importer, props might appear in the scene but when reloading the scene later, they all go to the world origin. How and why this is happening is really bothering me and I'm looking into it. The issue is limited to props that were found in the prop library, I believe.

So avoid the Prop Library functions until this is resolved, and do not go hog-wild on any imported VMF files until you save the scene, re-open and verify that your props are in the correct positions. I hope to fix this tomorrow.

wallworm

This bug should be fixed now. Let me know if you have any issues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk