Dota 2 Model Skin Meltdown when using WW SMD Pro Exporter

Started by hayes, April 30, 2015, 07:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayes

For some reason, using the ww smd pro exporter breaks the character skinning.

using smd pro exporter

normal smd exporter

wallworm

Could you send me the original Max file? It will help nail down the problem. Use File > Save As > Archive to create a zip of the scene and assets, then email to me with the email address in the WW download README.txt.

I'm assuming the exported file was SMD but to clarify, were you exporting in SMD or DMX?

wallworm

I'm going to need more information. All of the exports came out fine for me with the file you sent. I exported SMD, SMD (Pro) and DMX and all versions exported correctly.

So can you tell me what version of Max? Does it have all the service packs installed? Do you have the latest version of WW Pro?

wallworm

Actually I'll need to test more... I didn't realize there was an animation... and the Idle anim was set to ignore so I didn't see it playing. Let me look into it some more.

wallworm

So I tested activating the CAT animations and exporting the sequences. I did this for WW Pro SMD and DMX. Here are the same results for both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE4SjZLRFZc

So there must be something different in how your system is set up, or some difference in your WWMT Helper settings, or the method you are exporting the model.

hayes

Yeah, found out that this is happening only in 3dsmax 2016.

wallworm

Can you resend me the file so I can test it again in 2016? I have not yet noticed any difference between 2015/2016 in my tests, but I generally wait until SP1 to move all-in to the next version. So my time in 2016 so far has been limited.

[EDIT] I just ran 2016 through a few tests with my files... I cannot reproduce the error above in 2016. So far, 2016 works identically to 2015 for me. So it is possible there is something different in your 2016 settings. Compare your 2015/2016 global WW settings. If all else fails, try renaming or deleting C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit and restarting 3ds Max 2016.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk