Changing directories for cloud-based workflow?

Started by kinggambit, October 21, 2015, 08:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinggambit

I've followed this tutorial that would change all custom content to be kept safely in Google Drive (Part 1 of tutorial):
http://www.tophattwaffle.com/custom-content-without-contamination/

The only thing now is that I need to pipe in WWMT to the new directories which I'm having some issues with.

Here's the directories for WW's settings currently:

Here's the 2 directories in my Google Drive, "Raw Content" (equivalent of "/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/sdk_content" folder) and "Content" (equivalent of "/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo" folder):

I found that the Game Info path in WW's settings dictates where the final vmt's/vtfs and mdls will be, so I copy-pasted an edited gameinfo.txt to Gooogle Drive's "Content" directory then changed WW's "Game Info" path as shown in the first image.

Edited changes to searchpaths in gameinfo.txt:

SearchPaths
        {
            Game                "E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo"
            Game                "E:\Google Drive\projects\de_dynasty\Contentt"
        }

It works fine for compiling models but I get an error when compiling the vtf/vmt it seems (in yellow):

wallworm

If you have WW Pro, then you can export to any arbitrary directory for VTFs right now. I'll look into adding the output directory to standard WW. Until then, the output is dependent on VTEX.exe being able to figure out the game path, which it usually does via the configuration files inside the mod.

I'll do a test with vtex soon to see if I can make it work the same as the WW Pro exporter.

kinggambit

ah I see. It's not too impeding. Just have to manually compile in VTFedit to seal the deal.

Hoping to get my current map in next CSGO operation and then easy money to buy WW pro!

wallworm

kinggambit

Tested it out. Works like a charm!  ;D Thanks again Shawn.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk