Disable WallWorm Layer Re-build

Started by SairesArt, December 14, 2015, 07:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SairesArt

I would like to delete some WW Layers to slim down pre-render times and save space.
Imported Bones
Imported Attachments
Imported Models
VMF_Exlude

I do not need those and delete them, but they are rebuild each time I open the 3dsMax save file.
Is it possible to disable this beheviour?

wallworm

Those layers are created when importing a QC and SMDs. At this moment it cannot be turned off. But I will plug it into the general Make and Use Layers option.

I've never noticed any render slow-down by using layers. In my experience, they only help speed up rendering (by hiding un necessary objects).

Are you working on a level? If you delete them from a level and they come back later, it's because these layers are saved into the WW Prop Library files... which are usually included in a game scene as XRef Scene objects. Xref Scenes always include the layers of the source files... which is why they reappear each time you view the scene.

SairesArt

Quote from: wallworm on December 14, 2015, 11:28:54 AM
Are you working on a level?
Ahh, the Xrefs are the reason, I thought that would not matter, once you imported from prop library.
Not working on a level, but external renders.

Well, not having those layers doesnt speed up rendering itself, but like 2 prep seconds go away. Not a big deal though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk