unable to get models into game

Started by StefanC, October 22, 2011, 12:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StefanC

Hello,

Okay so after I got the new 3ds max 2012 I also got the latest wallworm tools, I had to redo all the paths etc but I used the video tutorial so I thought there weren't any problems, however if I export model all the .qc,smd files etc go to this directory:
username\sourcesdk_content\ep2\modelsrc\Props_StefanC which is correct because that also happens in the video, however it does not create a .bat file and when I open my model viewer its no where to be found. I also can't find any .mdl/.phy/.vtx etc files so I assume it didn't even compile the files, I did however turn compile models on export on but it never happends. before I got 3ds max 2012 my paths were completely different and it all worked.

this is were my qc,smd files used to go before I got 3ds max 2012 and the new wwmt:

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\username\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\models\props_stefanc\props_stefanc

then in 1 folder back "models\props_stefanc" the .mdl/.phy and all the other models would be placed
this is because I set the path to that place and it worked fine ... after reinstalling I forgot the paths I had set and decided to follow the tutorial but if I use the paths in the video it does not work at all, it wont even create a .bat file but if I put it in this directory:

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\username\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\models\props_stefanc\props_stefanc

like I always used to it does create a .bat file but when I launch it I get an error saying unable to find gameinfo.txt
I thought ep2 didn't need the gameinfo.txt ?

anyone got ideas ?

wallworm

Hi Stefan,

A couple things. First, when using Max 2012, make sure you have SP2 installed. Vanilla Max 2012 (with no service packs) has a MAXScript bug that stops WWMT from launching the compilers (and actually locks the compiler batch file until Max is shut off). SP1+ fixed that bug. Mentioning it in case you haven't installed that.

Secondly, you still have to have gameinfo set. You can do it by opening SDK and setting the current game. Note that the recent bat of SDK updates will keep resetting SDK... Any time there is a Steam update for your game/SDK, you must restart the game once and then open SDK... and set the game being used.

Also, if you always use the same game, you can set the path to gameinfo.txt by going into the WWMT settings and clicking the Game Info Dir button.

Hopefully that solves all the problems. Let me know.

wallworm

PS. I missed something... if it did not create a BATCH file... then it is usually because you probably do not have the Bin directory set. Make sure the Bin dir is set to the proper bin folder.

wallworm

Stefan... did you end up getting everything working?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk