End of Max 2013 support coming Soon

Started by wallworm, March 24, 2016, 01:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Just a warning. Very soon Max 2017 will be released (which is a good thing :) ). But with that release will end my ability to launch and test Max 2013.

If you own 2013 and no other, then this is important for you: Make sure to archive the version of WW that works best for you. I will make a 2013 snapshot of WW Pro before migrating to 2017 that WW Pro owners can download from their account on the WW Store. I did this last year for 2012.

Although it is likely that updates to WW will continue to work in 2013 and older Max, I can no longer test them moving forward.

I personally feel that if you are a Max user, the later versions will serve you best. But I know many Source artists prefer older versions of Max. So this is something you'll have to address in your own way. WW itself is always going to move forward with the latest versions of Max.

2013 is probably the least-used version of Max in the WW community. This is because it cannot utilize the legacy SMD tools from Wunderboy/Cannonfodder and because WW itself broke compatibility for SMD exporting after the Max 2014 SDK changed many features dealing with Skin... and I updated WW for the newer functions. As such, I have a feeling this year won't affect a large percentage of WW users. But I feel it's important to share this information with you all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk