WWMT 1.769 Released -- VMF Exporter now has uvw correct

Started by wallworm, March 03, 2012, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I loaded two updates today. The second fixes a bug that I found after loading the first.

I am going to start posting most dev news on the dev site blog area... and I will start sending out newsletters via that site soon. If you want to start getting news releases via email, enter your email here. I'll likely send one or two emails a month.

Version 1.769 released on 3-3-2012

◦ Fixed texture exporting bug in VMF Exporter. Now the VMF Exporter version number is 1.22.

Version 1.768 released on 3-3-2012

◦ Updated VMF Exporter to version 1.21. Now exports correct UVW (texture translation, scale and rotation on brush geometry).
◦ Added Prop Type controller in Anvil. You can change the prop-type of a WWMT helper in Anvil with this... and if you set a prop to prop_dynamic or prop_physics, you can then manipulate the I/O of those entities in the Entity Outputs UI.
◦ Updated default displacement material to accomodate updated material handling functions. Because of this update, displacements with materials created in older versions of Anvil (and Anvil's predecessor the Wall Worm Displacement Tool) must get new materials applied to properly export the UVW data.
◦ Updated the Material Library Generator to accomodate newer implementations of Materials. Materials generated with older versions will not properly export with the VMF exporter. You should update your material libraries with the updated generator.
◦ Updated the VTF exporter to make Refract Shader materials if there is a bitmap in the Refract slot of your standard material or the refract slot has a color_correction texture applied. When used, the Bump/Normal map becomes the $normalbump of the refract shader.
◦ Added Image File List (.IFL) bitmap support to the VTF Exporter. The images in the IFL must be named with the correct format (so if the IFL file is named myimage.ifl then all the images in the IFL must be named like myimage001.tga, etc and must start at 0). Note that the WWMT SMD Exporter is currently the only exporter that will translate this into your model at the moment. The upcoming version of Wunderboy's SMD Exporter will probably also support this. This feature allows you to add animated textures to your models. NOTE: you must manually add the correct Proxy block to your VMT for this texture to make the animation work; also, the VTF/VMT will be named with a trailing "0" in your materialsrc and mod materials folder.
◦ Added a compression setting for exporting VTFs. You can now use the following settings : default, DXT5 and nocompress.
◦ Fixed a VTF export UI bug that was listing a WWMT Auto Material for models and adding a texturegroup block to QC files even when there were not multiple skins assigned.
◦ Moved the location of install.ms into the root WallWorm.com folder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk