Jed Takes a Break... Max 2013 Released

Started by wallworm, April 12, 2012, 07:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

It's a bittersweet morning. I woke up anticipating the release of 3ds Max 2013 (which I'm currently downloading); but before I got around to that I received an email from Neil "Jed" Jedrzejewski, the developer of the Wunderboy tools for 3ds Max.

Neil has decided to take a break from modding and plugin development. I happen to know that he's been heavily burdened with a new job. He didn't say this is permanent... let's hope not.

I have been honored that Neil has put up with me over the last few years as I've been wiggling my way into the know-hows of Source modeling. He has repeatedly helped me out with input and patience, even when my ideas have sometimes been far-fetched and/or naive.

My gut tells me that Neil will be back (that maybe he just needs a break). We'll find out. In any event, everyone who likes Source (as a player or designer), and especially anyone who likes to design for Source in 3ds Max, owes Neil a cheer.

Besides, there are some tools I'd like to build for 3ds Max that really need some C++ ... and my goal has always been to enlist Neil into that. Hopefully that will still happen at some point!

Good luck to you Neil/Jed/Wunderboy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk