Need Help

Started by Walsh, April 26, 2012, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsh

So, I didn't know where to put this so I thought I would put it in here and you can move it if it needs moving.

Anyway, the reason I am here. I saw your youtube video on Creating a ragdoll for source ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lmpsSOjWzM ) it helped but not fully.

I am trying to make a football net which when an object hits into it the net ripples (like real life) I am struggling as I am pretty new at 3DS MAX and I can't find any tutorial on how to do this, I would be really grateful if somebody could help me out on how to make a net which ripples.

Thanks
x

wallworm

I am sorry I did not answer your emails via Youtube. I have been busy today.

Doing a net as a ragdoll might be a little too resource-hungry. But you never know until you try it. One problem is that, as far as I know, all bones can only have one parent. But a net is a complex structure where each knot could be considered the child of multiple other knots.

Off the top of my head, it seems unfeasible. Is there an example of this already you can link to?

Walsh

Quote from: wallworm on April 26, 2012, 11:20:47 PM
I am sorry I did not answer your emails via Youtube. I have been busy today.

Doing a net as a ragdoll might be a little too resource-hungry. But you never know until you try it. One problem is that, as far as I know, all bones can only have one parent. But a net is a complex structure where each knot could be considered the child of multiple other knots.

Off the top of my head, it seems unfeasible. Is there an example of this already you can link to?

I have looked all over the internet and  I couldn't find an example, it is for a Half-Life 2 mod it is a soccer mod called International Online Soccer Source, and it is for the new release beta 2, we already have the model it just needs bones added to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk