Model Compile Error and Mesh Collision error.

Started by Sodisna, May 23, 2012, 01:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sodisna

F:\Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\azzuy\sourcesdk_content\hl2\modelsrc\indus>cd "F:
\Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\azzuy\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin>"

F:\Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\azzuy\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin>studiomdl.exe -
game "F:\Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\azzuy\garrysmod\garrysmod" "F:\Files\Games\
Steam\steamapps\azzuy\sourcesdk_content\hl2\modelsrc\indus\Helix001.qc"
WARNING: AppFramework : Unable to load module p4lib.dll!
all paths:f:\files\games\steam\steamapps\azzuy\garrysmod\garrysmod\;f:\files\gam
es\steam\steamapps\azzuy\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\hl2\;f:\files\games\steam\steam
apps\azzuy\sourcesdk\bin\hl2\
qdir:    "f:\files\games\steam\steamapps\azzuy\sourcesdk_content\hl2\modelsrc\in
dus\"
gamedir: "F:\Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\azzuy\garrysmod\garrysmod\"
g_path:  "F:\Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\azzuy\sourcesdk_content\hl2\modelsrc\in
dus\Helix001.qc"
Building binary model files...
Working on "Helix001.qc"
SMD MODEL Helix001.smd
SMD MODEL Helix001_hull.smd
WARNING: Model has 2-dimensional geometry (less than 0.500 inches thick on any a
xis)!!!
WARNING: Model has 2-dimensional geometry (less than 0.500 inches thick on any a
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
WARNING: COSTLY COLLISION MODEL!!!! (77 parts - 40 allowed)
WARNING: Error with convex elements of Helix001_hull.smd, building single convex
!!!!
Model has 22 convex sub-parts

Keep getting this error. I want to make a collision for my loop, but it's not working out right. I'm usign max2013. It won't pickup MassFX, even though I have it. It's called "MassFX RBody" in 2013.

wallworm

A few things. First off... the Quick Hull and Hull Helper functions do not work properly in 3ds Max 2013. There is a bug in that release of MassFX/PhysX that breaks the functionality WW is using to make the hulls. I think it might work "sometimes" in 2013 according to some of my tests a few weeks back... but this is a confirmed bug in Max/MassFX that I hope will be fixed with the first Service Pack/Product Update.

There is another thread here about that MassFX bug.

Assuming that the geometry exists, though (as the bug above fails creating geometry correctly), then here are the things I suggest:

• Before exporting your model in WWMT, open the Collision Hull rollout. Then click the Process CM button. That will make sure all the hulls have the required material and smoothing groups.
  • For the costly collision model, you need to open the global WW settings and change the option for Costly Collision Model Handling to that befitting of your engine. For newer versions of Source, I think it should be set to Use Max Pieces. For some engines it might need to be Use -fullcollide.
  • Re-Export your model.

Sodisna

Yea, I got it by using 2012, just that I have a 32bit version, but I can't install 64bit version. I had the 64bit version one of my HDs that failed. I tried removing it manually but the Max2012 x64 installer still think it's installed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk