How do i tell WW to export to a specific Source Mod directory??

Started by CaptainCrazy, May 29, 2012, 10:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainCrazy

This is driving me crazy.  How do i tell it that i want, for example, my directory to be this?:

Models:  E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\sgm_dev\models\sgm_sgc
Materials:  E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\sgm_dev\materials\sgm_sgc\models

It needs to be compiled in the SDK 2007 by the way because later versions will not work with this mod.

So can somebody please tell me how i can make it compile to them folders?

Thank you!

wallworm

Using the examples you have, your global settings for WW should set these:

Models:  E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\sgm_dev\models
Materials:  E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\sgm_dev\materials\sgm_sgc

Then, inside the WWMT UI for the model and material path:

Models: sgm_sgc
Materials: sgm_sgc/models

I am not sure that this is entirely correct since the compilers may only work if you have the Source Content (raw/pre-compiled files) inside SourceSDK Content (which are folders automatically created for most standard mods). If so, you may want to create a folder here:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk_content\sgm_sgc

Inside that folder make these folders:

mapsrc
modelsrc
materialsrc

Then set the paths like this:

Models: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk_content\sgm_sgc\modelsrc
Materials: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk_content\sgm_sgc\materialsrc

To compile, your source sdk must be set to your mod. If it isn't, you'll have to manually point the Game Info Dir in the WW Settings to E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\sgm_dev .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk