Source Engine 2006 (MP) Modeling

Started by Mileh1gh, June 07, 2012, 06:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mileh1gh

Is it possible to export a model to Source SDK Half-Life 2: Deathmatch mod? i used WWMT but i read somewhere that it exports to 2009 version.
By now i have not accomplished to export a model with textures correctly to my mod.
I have a Half Life pack bought on steam for the Source Engines, but i use 2006 because it's for multiplayer.
Any advice is appreciated  :)

wallworm

You should be able to compile for any and all Source Mods. The difference between them is generally only where you have to point the following items in the global WW settings:

• Bin Dir
  • Model Dir
  • Material Dir
  • Game Info Dir*

Here are some common places for the Bin Dir:

Episode 1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\steamusername\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin

Source 2007:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\steamusername\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin

Source 2009:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\steamusername\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin

Orangebox:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\steamusername\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin

Left 4 Dead:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\bin

Left 4 Dead 2:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin

Portal 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\bin

The Model Dir and Material Dir are always folders called modelsrc and materialsrc inside your mod's SDK Content folders. If your mod isn't listed in sourcesdk_content folder, add the mod there and add the folders there... then set those folders to the appropriate settings. For those mods inside the common folder, the source_sdk folder is usually also inside the common folder where the mod resides.

*The Game Info Dir is only necessary with some mods (like L4D) or if you do not want to have to set the compile engines with the Source SDK UI (where you choose the engine).

Mileh1gh

Well, yes, it works now after i updated my mod and source sdk to 2007 version, thanks  :)

wallworm

Excellent.

I guess I should have made mention that, as far as I know/understand, the Bin Dir for Source 2006 is actually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\steamusername\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin

At least, that is the Bin Dir I use for compiling things for Hidden:Source which is using SDK Base 2006.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk