Center of Mass

Started by Aethalidus, June 14, 2012, 07:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethalidus

Will adding a Center of Mass fix this?

Im using wire to triangulate the big props positions and maybe the game think their coordinates are right below the prop?

If you cant see the missiles missing and the props are frozen. The missiles shoot just to the bottom of the prop.

The guns on pegasus do the same if i angle the ship a certain way.

wallworm

I am not sure. My guess is not. I'd expect the missiles to be flying to the origin of the model (which either the pivot point in Max [if compiles with Use Local Origin]) or some offset position that equates to the offset of the model's pivot from the world origin (if you do not compile with Use Local Origin as Origin).

But that's just my guess.

You may have to set up a bunch of specific target point across the model... or find a function that lets you target the entire surfave of a model rather than a single point. I wouldn't have a solution for that off the top of my head.. but will let it set in the backburner of my mind for a bit.

Aethalidus

That did not work.

This time i moved peggy up to its collision mesh in max. Instead of moving it down closer to the scene origin. (**note these are the very settings i exported with)

Youll notice the target finder has painted pegasus as its target so the gun is trying to shoot it.
It seems to be shooting Pegasus's scene origin because the distance is comparable.

I am atm making changes to put peggy at 0,0,0.

Aethalidus

Alright it is working now but i do want to explain my reasoning for not having these models at 0,0,0.

Pegasus is stuck in the ground.

I am interested in these hit point areas. Do they exist? How do i create them if they do?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk