[FIXED] Displacement Rotations sometimes wrong and Seams not always sealed

Started by wallworm, August 06, 2012, 03:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

There is currently a couple known bugs in the displacement creation and exporting functions. I know about these and intend to fix both.

Creation Bugs:

With Anvil 3.3, a bunch of new creation methods were introduced. The Paint Displacements (currently just a pick faces but will become a painter) and the Faces to Displacmeents functions often appear offset 90 degress in their local Z axis. This is a bug I know about and will fix when I can figure out the correct math.

Temporary Fix: Select the displacements the tool created at the wrong angle and click the -90 or +90 buttons I added into the Anvil interface.

Export Bugs:

Many times, the displacements are rotated ever-so-slightly in the exported VMF and cause a broken seam between displacements. This usually occurs for planes that were rotated or (or created with the local Z axis not matching the world Z axis). This bug irks me and I'm hoping to find a solution soon.

Temporary Fix: none at the moment.

wallworm

I also found a couple more bugs this morning:

* Broken Create Displacement at Helper button. [FIXED] Fixed in today's WWMT 1.851 update (Anvil is now 3.31).

Also, I've found that it is possible to crash Max by deleting some collections of displacements. It seems really random and I am not certain about the common variables. If you notice this, please send me your steps and I will try to get to the bottom of it.

wallworm

I believe that these bugs have all been fixed in the last few updates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk