WWMT 1.856 Released... now proper support for CS:GO and SFM

Started by wallworm, August 20, 2012, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.856 released on 8-20-2012

◦ Added CS:GO and SFM support for model exporting and the Use Local Origin as World Origin function. When using the WWMT SMD Exporter as your SMD Exporter, the $origin command is no longer used. That is now handled by the SMD Exporter (below).

◦ SMD Exporter updated to Version 1.3.

◦ SMD 1.3: This update makes several changes to the way SMDs are created. Now they are created in an orientation such that they no longer require the $origin command. This was done because CS:GO and SFM do not seem to honor $origin anymore.

◦ SMD 1.3: WWMT no longer uses the current Frame as the SMD Export frame. You can still use the current Frame with the manual SMD Exporter by setting the range start at the current frame. This was done because it was possible to have a model export in the wrong reference pose if the timeline was not at 0 and the model was animated.

◦ SMD 1.3: SMD exporter can now partially detect and fix some problems in models due to XForm issues. Not all... but should cover some mistakes by some users that don't know how to properly reset the XForm.

◦ Material Exporter now adds the $envmapmaskscale parameter. It only works if you have the ReflectionMap enabled in your Material (the checkbox next to Reflection in the Maps list in the material). Then it will use the Reflection value/100 as the $envmapmaskscale.

◦ Material Exporters now alert you about needing to set the Game Info Directory. The Game Info Dir used to be optional but is now required for material exports in WWMT 1.85+.

◦ When settings a SDK_Content folder in the WW Settings, the tool will now generate a mapsrc, materialsrc and modelsrc if none are present.

◦ Changed the name of the Default Material applied to models that do not have a material. This was to reduce name length.

◦ Added settings for the Wall Worm Model Tools UI to remember last placement each time you open it. I may add this to other floaters as well.

◦ Updated Brush Material Exporter. Now the Tooltexture that gets exported with Blend VMTs will match the dimensions of the diffuse bitmap in material 1; if none, uses dimension of bitmap in diffuse material 2; if none, falls back to 512x512.

Although I have had a chance to test most of these updates, the changes dealing with the WWMT SMD Exporter are fairly complex because they require various coordinate system calculations that were not necessary in the past. And although I'm pretty good at figuring things out... linear algebra and matrix math is not my real cup of tea.

So if you find any issues, please let me know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk