Problems exporting VTFs

Started by Frosty, November 08, 2012, 12:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frosty

Hello, I'm new to WallWorm, and I have this problem when trying to export the materials.

I've doubled checked it loads of times, and I've spent loads of hours trying to figure this out, but sadly no luck.
So, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here, and give me some help?
I'm using 3ds max 2013.
Currently installing 3ds max 2012 to see if I can manage to make it work.

wallworm

My best guess is that the bitmaps for the materials are VTF files instead of TGA files... since there is no VTF plugin for Max 2013 yet.

But without more details, I've got no good idea.

Try hitting F11 and copying the error from that (if any) and paste here.

Syntaxz

Dear Wallworm,
I also have the exact same error message as Frosty.

This is the error message that comes from the log when I hit F11 :

Welcome to MAXScript.

"Loading...
Wall Worm Model Tools
Version 1.876

www.wallworm.com

Copyright (c) 2010-2012 by Shawn Olson
http://www.shawnolson.net

Forums now up at http://www.wallworm.net"
"There were errors. Please read the following notes:

##########################

* The texture was not exported. The main reasons are that MAXScript does not have permission to write to your Materialsrc folder or Steam is not running.

-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: FileName

Make sure that the folder for this material exists in your materialsrc folder in SDK.

"
"Loading...
Wall Worm Model Tools
Version 1.876

www.wallworm.com

Copyright (c) 2010-2012 by Shawn Olson
http://www.shawnolson.net

Forums now up at http://www.wallworm.net"

* The texture was not exported. The main reasons are that MAXScript does not have permission to write to your Materialsrc folder or Steam is not running.

Make sure that the folder for this material exists in your materialsrc folder in SDK.

"
"** The exisitng QC was over-written. If you do not want to overwrite existing QCs, turn off QC Over-writing in the WWMT Settings or lock the QC with the Lock QC option.

"
"# Target Model Exported to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\modelsrc\myproject\Crystal.smd"
"# Target Model Exported to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\modelsrc\myproject\Crystal.smd"

"

I checked all folders for existance:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\modelsrc\myproject\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\materialsrc\myproject
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\mapsrc

my paths in WalwormSettings:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\modelsrc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\materialsrc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk_content\csgo\mapsrc
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\syntaxyz\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo

edit:
-Im running as administrator
-changing bin path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin does also does not fix the issue.
(this folder also has the "studiomdl.exe", "vvis.exe", "vbsp.exe"etc...)

Thanks for the tools, hope you can help me,
Syntaxz

wallworm

I don't necessarily think this is the problem (above), but CS:GO has a different SDK content path than CSS. I think that the materials won't compile if not in the correct materialsrc path.

For my CS:GO, the sdk content folders are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content\maps
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content\materialsrc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content\modelsrc

Anyway, send me your file (or if sensitive, recreate another model with the same material setup). I will see what is causing the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk