WWMT 1.877 Released

Started by wallworm, November 28, 2012, 12:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.877 released on 11-28-2012

◦ WWMT: Updated Quick Hull to combine hulls into single mesh if the wwmt helper has $staticprop on.
◦ Hulls: Updated Quick Hull functions (WWMT and Hull Helper) to set each hull pivot to its center by default and to reset xform.
◦ Hull Helper: Updated to include new button to merge selected hulls into single object.
◦ WWMT: Updated the append hull and quick hull functions to automatically turn off auto hull if the user adds a hull or generates a hull.
◦ WWMT: Updated Add Sel Gibs function to work on both objects and WWMT helpers.
◦ WWMT: Updated Add Sel Gibs function to automatically increase the Count to match the number of unique gibs in the gibs collection. If gibs models is less than count, leaves count as previously input.
◦ WWMT: Updated tooltip on Add Sel Gibs.
◦ WWMT: Added multiple prop_data base types to the Base drop-down menu. The base types may not be available in all mods.
◦ WWMT: Updated base component from listbox to combobox so that user can input custom base types not in the list.
◦ WWMT: Added Prop Data Help link into the Prop Data rollout.
◦ WWMT: Updated to allow root node to be helper (like CATParent).
◦ WWMT: CAT support started. More work needed*.
◦ VMT: Updated to use $detailtexturetransform, $selfillumtexturetransform and $selfillummasktransform whenever those maps are used.
◦ Proxie Tools: Resized proxy tools UI so it fits into the Anvil Models tab better.
◦ Proxie Tools: Fixed error when setting prop type to prop_physics_multiplayer. The tool would not let you set it to this type if the prop_data base was set.

* Regarding CAT support. You can now add CAT rigs but I have not done enough testing to see if the results are accurate. Here is the current state of CAT support: 1) to use a CAT rig, choose the CAT Parent object as the root node. 2) Turn off Use Local Origin if it is on. 3) Add the mesh(es) to the WWMT helper (by selected the mesh(es) and choose Add Sel). 4) Create sequences in the sequence rollout.

I have only tested the exporter enough to make sure that MAX and WW don't crash when using CAT rigs. However, the testing seemed to show that the animations were not 100% accurate--but again I did not test extensively. I look forward to feedback. Note the brief testing I've done has only been when using the WWMT SMD Exporter. If using the Wunderboy SMD Exporter, you will need to turn on the global option to export non-renderable mesh as bone and then manually set all your CAT bones as non-renderable.

Please send feedback.

[EDIT] For actual usage of CAT/Biped, get WWMT 1.95+ and see these instructions.

wallworm

With this release is a new page on the docs site: Prop Data and Custom Gibs.

Also, see the new video:

Meathead

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk