Error: Too many indices in source

Started by iProtiige, February 03, 2018, 07:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


I've been using Wallworm for about 3 years now and have never run into this issue before. It all started trying to get a model from SpeedTree Cinema to Gmod. I exported the FBX mesh from SpeedTree and managed to get everything into 3DS Max 17 okay (no animations, they were causing crashes). When I went to export the model I received these errors in the command line:

I'm really not sure as to what's causing it so any help would be really appreciated! The model is sitting at 63k polys which is higher than what I'd like but I've gotten models with even more polys into Gmod without issue.



The word "poly" is the catch. You should change the statistics from polys to tris (viewport settings). There are no "polys" because a "poly" could have an arbitrary number of vertices and tris.

I am not sure whether this error is due to too many vertices or too many tris. I don't remember the limit off the top of my head.

You can try this as a quick fix: Add a ProOptimizer modifier onto the model, choose option to keep textures, then calculate and bring down the %. Then re-export.


Spot on, that did the trick! Thanks a lot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk