Different sounds for different elements?

Started by Hylle, December 11, 2012, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hylle

Hey

I have a chair with metal legs and wood seating.

How would I go around to make the metal legs sound like metal when I shoot them, and the wood parts as wood?

I know how to make the whole model as wood/metal with the SurfaceProperty, but is there a option in WMMT to choose what element is what?

Feel free to just redirect me somewhere but I can't recall seeing this on the videos.

Best regards

wallworm

There is currently no way to do this directly through WW. But you can add it manually to either the QC (for non-staticprop models) or materials through the VMTs.

If using a model with bones, you can give each bone its own surfaceprop. To do this, open the QC file for your model after WW creates it and add this line for each bone:

$jointsurfaceprop <bone name> <surfaceprop>

If you have a staticprop, you can do it like this:

Apply a unique material to each part of your model by using Material IDs on the model faces that equate to the IDs in a MultiMaterial. Then open the VMT for each material after you've exported the VMTs  and add this line to the VMTs:

$surfaceprop <name>

Note that I believe that $surfaceprop defined in the model's QC will override the VMT surfaceprops. In that case, make sure your model itself does not have a global surfaceprop.

Also note that if you make changes to the QC manually then re-export the model in WWMT, the QC will get over-written. To stop this from happening, check the Lock QC checkbox in WWMT for that model.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk