Updates Coming

Started by wallworm, December 30, 2012, 12:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I know I recently mentioned I would be slowing down on WW. But the holidays gave me plenty of free time.

I have an update coming this week that will provide a lot of new functionality and clean up a bunch of fuzzy, loose or dead ends. The main new update is that I think I've finally figured out the solution to the SMD exporter often not exporting bones correctly in complex rigs. I need to do some testing, but if so it will alleviate a huge amount of problems animators have had with my SMD exporter.

I've also got the Overview Exporter working properly. That is a huge boon!

And I'm updating the Material Merger script to support Vray materials. That isn't something I've personally needed but it was requested this week.

There are a bunch of other fixes, tweaks and enhancements. I'd hoped to load them tonight but I need to sleep. Maybe I'll get them out tomorrow. If not, look for them this week.

Oh... and Max 2014 is coming up soon. If you want to ensure that I'll be able to support developing for it and testing, make sure to donate. My work recently took a nose-dive and if I don't get donations, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to afford to upgrade this year.

wallworm

I have a working beta available for this upcoming update. If interested in testing, please email me. This update makes many drastic changes to the SMD exporter itself, which affects WWMT and the VMF exporter (which outputs model positions/orientations based off of WWMT settings). Below is a list of the current updates in the unreleased beta.

If interested in testing, those things I want to test most are these: Outputting rigged models using both skinned models and those that simply are animated nodes; prop_physics models with custom gibs; VMF scenes exported from WW with WWMT models exported in the scene (the models must be exported via the updated version of WW, and then the VMF exported). Those are the main things I'd like tested.

Again, email me if you are interested in testing this update.

Version 1.881 Beta (Not Yet Released)

* VMF/RES: The asset collection function has been updated to automatically include the map-specific manifest files for particles. Also now looks for mapname_exlude.lst in the maps folder. Overview DDS files are now only pakked into the RES file.

* Overview: Overview Exporter now exports correct pos_x and pos_y. Also adds some utility buttons (like show current overview TGA in VFB) so you can manually save a DDS for games like CS:GO (MAXScript can't write DDS but Max can save an image as one). Updated some logic.

* Proxies: Updated Proxy Tools to properly allow start_fade and max_distance on WWMT helpers. Will use the refnode of the WWMT (main mesh) for calculating distances.

* Entity: Fixed bug in Entity I/O where selecting an output caused a MAXScript error because it was trying to set a spinner value to an undefined value.

* VMT: Updated offsets in texturetransforms for models. Previously the offset could be incorrect if there was any tiling in a bitmap and the U/V offset was non-zero.

* VMF: Fixed bug if exporting a scene that has a WWMT helper but that helper has no mesh. This could happen if you created a WWMT model from a mesh, deleted that mesh, but never deleted the WWMT helper.

* VMF: Added Entity I/O to brush entities. Previously was only exporting I/O for point entities.

* Material Merger: Updated to version 1.2. Adds some undo availability to functions that apply materials to objects. Lets you choose the output material shader type (defaults to Blinn). Adds a few more maps to collect from Standard Materials (based on Shader Type). Adds tentative support for Vray Material.

* SMD: Updated internal version to 1.45.

* SMD: Fixes to exporting rigs with complex rigs.

* SMD: Updated bone transformation calculations.

* SMD: Updated node output ordering such that it won't fail if you select children nodes before parent nodes.

* SMD: Added the Flip option to the WW SMD Exporter. Previously, only worked in the QC when using non WW SMD Exporters.

* SMD/WWMT: Added Rotate Origin option. When on, the output SMD (and $origin command if in QC) will be rotated 90 degrees (as has been default in WW). When off, the rotation is 0... which may be better for models used in traditional/standard models (especially in rigged/animated models).

* WWMT: Added option to calculate $origin in QC instead of SMD. Now you can choose to output the value into the QC or calculate in the SMD. Calculating into the SMD is only supported with the WW SMD Exporter. For other exporters, you cannot use this option (which was developed because some mods won't compile $origin).

* WWMT: Updated calculations for the Hitbox min/max that was introduced in last update. The hitbox bounding was incorrect for most hitboxes linked to most bones. Now they should output correctly.

* WWM: Fixed calculations of Attachment point positions skinned to bones (and using the WW SMD Exporter). Orientation of attachment points still incorrect if you've rotated them. May have to change Attachments from point helpers to another geometry in future update.

wallworm

And now I've got the speeds of skinned meshes increased. This will be a really nice update. I've still got more testing to do though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk