Problems with created collision hulls

Started by Ady, January 25, 2013, 06:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ady

Firstly I have to say hello and thank you for all your time and effort spent creating this amazing set of tools for us budding mappers. They have been a huge help and pretty simple to use once the basics are learnt  :)

The problem is that every so often, when i go to create the hulls for my model, the hull is resized and moved way out of position.  then have to spend ages rotating and scaling it back to a usable dimension and i can never get it quite right. Not a huge problem but for a perfectionist virgo, grates a bit  :)
I always copy the model i am working on and move it across a bit incase i cock up and lose the model. Could this be the reason? Aligning to original model usually works though so am a bit confused.

Am i doing something wrong? Like i said, its only on a few models now and then, downloaded free ones usually. If you need screenshots or more info, please ask and i will post again when i get home.

Thanks again Mr Olson. Keep up the brilliant work.

wallworm

You are welcome. I am glad you are finding the tools generally useful.

I cannot say with absolute certainty, but the most common reason for the problem you are experiencing is transformation problems. I may be able to update the generator code to alleviate it programmatically... but the best thing is to apply an XForm modifier to the mesh you want to hull (before you generate a hull).

Let me know how that helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk