VMT and Model Export, Error 5?

Started by amatobahn, February 27, 2013, 11:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amatobahn

Hello, I'm experiencing an issue that I can't seem to pinpoint a solution. I'm getting this:

Thanks!

wallworm

According to my memory, I haven't ever seen that error.

I did notice that the path to your maps are not good. I don't remember bad paths causing that error, but you can give it a try. Change the path from Map #1 and Map #2 to some other path... and rename the core material.

Here is the very last video on getting the VMT and VTfs to export:

If that fails, I would restart steam and/or restart the computer and/or check the mod cache in steam.

amatobahn

Still receiving the same error. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the sourceSDK, and CS:GO sdk. Updated wallworm to newest version and still no dice.

amatobahn

I've looked further into it and for some reason it is calling the APP ID of 711 when CS:GO is 730. I know steam updated recently...so it may be on their end. I'll wait a day or two to see—no harm done.

wallworm

I looked at the screenshot again and noticed something odd. Your materialsrc path isn't what I would expect for CSGO. My maps, materialsrc and modelsrc for CS:GO are all here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content

SO try changing your materialsrc in the main WW settings to something like

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content\materialsrc

amatobahn

Still no go, even with the updated folder paths. Very strange.

wallworm

Also... did you update to use the CSGO bin folder? For me, the CSGO bin is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin

amatobahn

Wow thats weird, before i had things exporting find for CS:GO with the orangebox bin...i guess the update changed that. lol
thank you good sir!

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk