Sequence bones problem

Started by cskiller86, March 17, 2013, 07:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cskiller86

Hi, Shawn.
I've been using WWMT for a couple of weeks now and I got to say they're very good and quite a time saver.

I've exported models without much difficulty, but now I've decided to add animations to one of my models.
I have a truck that has 7 bones: one for the truck's body, one for each wheel to spin them and an extra one for each front wheel that turns them left/right (these extra bones do not have any vertices weighted to them).

The problem is that, after exporting, in HLMV it shows the bones offset and scaled down. This of course causes weird animations.

This is my QC:
// QC File generated by the Wall Worm Model Tools Version 1.8893
// Get the latest version and notes at:
// http://dev.wallworm.com

$modelname "vehicles/veh_gmc_esu.mdl"
$body veh_gmc_esu_ref "veh_gmc_esu_ref.smd"
$texturegroup lights
{
{ "lights"  }
{ "lights_strobe" }
}
$collisionmodel "veh_gmc_esu_ref_hull.smd" {

}
$surfaceprop "metal"
$cdmaterials "vehicles"
$sequence idle "veh_gmc_esu_ref" loop fps 30
$sequence driving "veh_gmc_esu_ref_sequence_driving" loop fps 20

$include "veh_gmc_esu_ref_wwmt_custom.qci"

Another thing I noticed is that, after adding bones and animation, the collision hull gets broken.

The green outline shows what the collision hull used to be, while the red is the collision I have at the moment (which is wrong).

wallworm

Hi... sorry you are having problems. I can't give an in-depth answer at this moment. I will be addressing all of this in an upcoming video.

In all likelihood, it is that the model and any/all meshes that are part of it (including the hulls) need their Xform reset.

Also, each individual piece of a hull has to be skinned to a single bone at 100%. You may or may not need to add all bones to your hull's skin but only weight each piece to an individual bone.

You may find that applying XForm modifiers helps. You may also find that you need to remove your Skin modifier (delete it) then apply the XForm modifier to the model, collapse, then apply the skin. When using skin/bones... you may also not want to use the Rotate Origin nor the lock origin state.

Hopefully that helps. If not, I promise to have a new video on all this in the near future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk