Wall Worm mourns a loss

Started by wallworm, March 26, 2013, 12:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

For those of you who have not heard, my Dad died last week on March 18, 2013. My brother, sister and I were there holding his hand. It was a terrible experience as he struggled to die gracefully. He had lost the ability to talk for a couple of days... but at the end as Eric, Faith and I took turns sitting by his side to hold his hand, he kept mouthing the words, "I love you."

My dad was a very talented artist who fostered my love of nature and creativity. It's very likely that the tools I build for all of you can be credited in some measure to my Dad. Had he been a harsher man or less patient, perhaps I would have taken other paths and never ended up here.

I gave my Dad's eulogy at a ceremony in his honor, which you can read here.

For those of you of age, take a moment to share a drink with close friends and raise a glass to my Dad for me.

And... always remember to let the important people in your life know how important they are to you.

Neil

I hope that you are faring well. I know how it feels like to lose a loved one. It has happened to me, and it's a natural cycle of life. Hang in there! From what I grasped from your eulogy, your father was a great man. He will be in my prayers.

wallworm

Thank you for this reply. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner.

I lost my mother a decade ago and now my Dad is gone too. It feels so weird. I do have one Grandmother yet... so I have some connection to the past. But in terms of men... I am now the Patriarch of my line. That is a sobering reality.

Anyway, my Dad was a really awesome person. Like all fathers and sons, we had disagreements here and there. But we shared a deep love and respect. I will always miss him.

What it means to Wall Worm... expect some crazy map that I dedicate to my Dad :)

Neil

That's the spirit! I expect something great ;) Keep me posted :)

You know, life is like a candle. It lights up quickly, and it whispers away just as quickly. If you ask me, I think there's more more to it than meets the eye; things that no one can answer about life or existence. I'm sure there's something after this life (like Heaven), and I know you will reunite with your father again (we as a species are all part of this cycle). Glad to see you doing well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk