VMT Export error

Started by tawdarky, April 26, 2013, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tawdarky

Has anyone solved this error.I get it on both versions of 3ds max (2012/2013). http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ag0hnlcnd4bjadj

wallworm

You may have to send me the file so I can see what in the setup is causing this. It may be an incompatible Material type or a bitmap that can't be read.

wallworm

I tried to download the file but it wouldn't. And I'm not of the nature to install downloader software from sites like mediafire.

Can you send it to me directly? My email address is in the Readme.txt file that comes with WW. You can also send an email to the email address used in the forum emails.

wallworm

I received your email and opened the file.

With the current settings I have for WW in 3ds Max 2014, I exported the VMT files just fine.

So, there are a few things to clarify:

What version of Max?

What Update Version of Max (like if you are using Max 2012, have you updated to the latest service pack/product update?)

Does your mod directory have a folder called "materials" that is writable?

In the WW Material settings, do you have the Legacy material/vtf options on or off?

Which SMD exporter are you using?

In the more recent versions of WW, there is a function at Wall Worm > Wall Worm Utilities > Check for Problems . Run that and check all the checkboxes in the General Problems group and then click the Check For Problems Now button. See if it gives any advice.

Please share your answers and results here.

tawdarky

I am using 3dsmax 2013.indeed i have no update pack.i will try after i update it.

tawdarky

It worked no problem after i updated 3ds and WW.Thanks for help.

wallworm

Excellent.

It is a good habit to keep Max up-to-date with the latest service packs. I follow the Max forums a lot so keep on top of that... but if you don't do that you may want to check for updates at least once a month.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk