texture problems

Started by tawdarky, May 11, 2013, 06:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tawdarky

I am trying to export a model with 3 textures.The model works just fine but it has no textures in game or in hammer.They appear white.Any ideea why?

wallworm

This generally happens because you have not set up the Standard Materials for this model to have Bitmap with TGA/IFL/PSD in the corresponding slots. For example, if the Diffuse texture is not a Bitmap node with a TGA source.

With only a couple exceptions, the only TEXTURES that export in a material are Bitmap nodes.

tawdarky

Can you link me a tutorial on how to texture in 3ds ?

Neil

Quote from: tawdarky on May 12, 2013, 06:53:48 PM
Can you link me a tutorial on how to texture in 3ds ?

Search on YouTube... There are hundreds. Here's a quick walkthrough:

1. Press M on your keyboard to open the material editor. In the menus, switch to standard slot editor (that's the only one I know how to use).

2. For the diffuse color, click the button next to it and select Bitmap.

3. Select a TGA format texture for your model.

4. Click OK to return to the slot editor. Drag and drop the texture slot over your model. You should see the model's textures change. You may need to re-UVW map it with a modifier (sometimes, not always).

5. Export with WWMT.

tawdarky

I am using JPG files as textures.I'm gonna try tga to see how it goes.

tawdarky

Quote from: tawdarky on May 13, 2013, 02:24:00 PM
I am using JPG files as textures.I'm gonna try tga to see how it goes.

It does the same thing only now it's brighter.Probably from the diffuse.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/682/whitedw.jpg

wallworm

If you make any changes to a model's material you may need to re-export the model AND/OR the material. Note that when you hit the export textures button, the checkbox for the VMT may be unchecked because it was already exported... so you need to check it and re-export the VMT along with the textures.

tawdarky

Yeah i did that.When i change something to a model i reexport both the model and the textures.

wallworm

You will need to make a screen shot of your material in the Material Editor. Use the Slate Material Editor and take a screen shot of the Material and the Bitmap nodes coming into it.

tawdarky

Quote from: wallworm on May 14, 2013, 01:18:27 AM
You will need to make a screen shot of your material in the Material Editor. Use the Slate Material Editor and take a screen shot of the Material and the Bitmap nodes coming into it.

There it is http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3315/71226923.jpg if this is what you meant.

Or this-> http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8951/64575114.jpg

wallworm

The second image shows the correct layout in Slate.

So can you post a screen shot of the texture in game... as I am confused about your intent. The diffuse bitmap is white/gray... which is what you should get in game for this material.

tawdarky

Quote from: wallworm on May 19, 2013, 11:26:55 PM
The second image shows the correct layout in Slate.

So can you post a screen shot of the texture in game... as I am confused about your intent. The diffuse bitmap is white/gray... which is what you should get in game for this material.

I works now after the last WWMT update.Before it showed in game just like in hammer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk