Worm face Error

Started by MikhailVasilev, August 04, 2013, 08:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikhailVasilev

Trying to export VMF after using Worm face (overlay, decal)
it get error   "-- No ""findString"" function for undefined <<"

wallworm

Thanks for reporting. I'll investigate and perhaps have a fix later today.

wallworm

Can you recreate the error one more time but this time paste the contents in here. (The line numbers are missing from the error message).

MikhailVasilev

-------------------------------
Welcome to MAXScript.

"Wallworm Displacement Startup Script running for this file."
"No displacements found in the scene... Displacement Startup Script Removed."
-- Error occurred in outputConvexityPoint(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 53806; line: 1949
--  Defined in encrypted script
--   called in ent loop; filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 61209; line: 2165
--   called in outputConvexityPointEntities(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 61222; line: 2167
--   called in outputVMF(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 108390; line: 3818
--   called in btn_export.pressed(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\WallWormUtilities\exportSceneAsVMF.ms; position: 26191; line: 573
--  Frame:
--   vmf: undefined
--   addednoticice: undefined
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- No ""findString"" function for undefined <<
-- Error occurred in outputVMF(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 96649; line: 3423
--   called in btn_export.pressed(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\WallWormUtilities\exportSceneAsVMF.ms; position: 26191; line: 573
--  Frame:
-- Runtime error: FileStream cannot create: H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\content\mapsrc\TestWW_03_2014_2.vmf <<
-- Error occurred in outputConvexityPoint(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 53806; line: 1949
--   called in ent loop; filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 61209; line: 2165
--   called in outputConvexityPointEntities(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 61222; line: 2167
--   called in outputVMF(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 108390; line: 3818
--  Frame:
-- Error occurred in outputVMF(); filename: H:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormVMF.mse; position: 96649; line: 3423
--  Frame:
-- Runtime error: FileStream cannot create: H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\content\mapsrc\TestWW_03_2014_2.vmf <<
--  Frame:
-- No ""findString"" function for undefined <<
------------------------------

MikhailVasilev

And if i selected or  create an object it has no parameters in modifier panel

wallworm

I believe I have fixed the problem. Please download this version, overwrite your existing WW files with it.

http://www.wallworm.com/projects/utilities/dev_wallworm_model_tools.zip

Let me know if it fixes your problem and I will update the stable download link.

Regarding the lack of attributes to edit, that is because of one or both of the following factors:

1) The command panel is in create mode. Since WW already created the decal at that point, you need to switch to the Modify tab.

2) If you have not configured WW to use an FGD, then it has not yet created the controllers for entities. You should easily be able to test this by clicking Wall Worm > Wall Worm Level Design > Point Entities and see if your point entity list is present. If not, you'll have to assign your mod's FGD in the global settings.

Anyway, please let me know if this patch above fixes the problem.

MikhailVasilev

Dude i am working with 3d max since version 2.5 he  he ... :  )  i know when it in create mode. In my screen it is in modifier mode. Fgd is configured properly. It was Worm face problem.

Now it exports overlays and there is no bug with modifier panel,  but has some other problems.
see my the screen. Something with materials. There are two overlays i have been created. One is hammer overlay and another is exported from max.

wallworm

Quote from: MikhailVasilev on August 04, 2013, 10:03:39 AM
Dude i am working with 3d max since version 2.5 he  he ... :  )  i know when it in create mode. In my screen it is in modifier mode.

Oops... sorry about that :) The thumbnail image looked like create mode in my screen... but obviously I needed to view it larger.

Quote from: MikhailVasilev on August 04, 2013, 10:03:39 AM
Now it exports overlays and there is no bug with modifier panel,  but has some other problems.
see my the screen. Something with materials. There are two overlays i have been created. One is hammer overlay and another is exported from max.

Hmm... that is definitely wrong. The code I changed was dealing with texture vs. material parameter ... and this is now working incorrectly. I'll find a solution shortly.

MikhailVasilev

Dont worry about it : )
WWtools working great for main functions(world, textures, models export) what i need, Worm face is advanced function i think.

By the way the size of overlay is not exporting, only entity. It would be great to fit it in 3d max and correctly export.

wallworm

Download http://www.wallworm.com/projects/utilities/dev_wallworm_model_tools.zip again and let me know if it is now exporting your decals and overlays texture.

For the time being, as noted, the overlays are limited because you cannot rescale them, etc. Hopefully I can update that soon. What I do is use the decal instead at this point in time.

If this works, I will update the main download link.

PS... a tip: When you make a new material for your decals, you can export them as new materials/textures by selecting the decal in the Max viewport then hit Wall Worm > Wall Worm Materials > Export Brush Textures . This will get your custom decal textures into Source.

MikhailVasilev

Yes, now it export texture name when i specify it in modifier panel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk