FU AD

Started by wallworm, September 11, 2013, 01:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

So... in the last few years Autodesk has repeatedly tried to squeeze more money from artists by trying to fabricate and alter the meaning of what all the 3D packages are and do. Since they bought many competitors to 3ds Max like Maya and XSI, they have needed to find a way to make us all feel inclined to buy ALL OF THESE PACKAGES. (Remember, you should buy and use a separate car for these separate activities: grocery shopping, taking kids to sporting events, trips to family events and excursions to the local pub.)

It is no surprise that I opened up 3ds Max today and found that Max was really pissed. Here's what he said about the recent claim that Max isn't for film previz:

wallworm

So this isn't directly related to the above post... but it's along the same vein of losing patience with software companies fabricating extra costs.

Do a man a favor and share your indignation about artists getting shafted here.

wallworm

So I wanted to give a little more serious say on this topic. Boycott Adobe.

I think that Adobe's success or failure this year with their new licensing model will have a very profound impact on the future of all other arts-related software. And my gut feeling is that it isn't good for the consumer.

Meathead

What is this? Removing max out of the bundle?

wallworm

Quote from: Meathead on November 05, 2013, 09:08:33 AM
What is this? Removing max out of the bundle?

No... not at all. The first post was mainly my grouchy annoyance with the fact that Autodesk pushes Maya so hard in their current marketing materials.

The following posts were in response to an unfriendly change in licensing at E-on Software.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk