Z axis of object stays same

Started by Hylle, October 11, 2013, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hylle

Hello

When I try to export my objects sometimes 1 axis of the object stays at a fixed width. I have experienced this with 2 objects now. The first one I let it slide, but now I want to ask if you have any suggestions for fixing this.

I can transform the object as small or as big I want on the Z axis in 3ds max, it will stay the same in 3ds.

wallworm

Maybe it is too late... but I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. I'm not relating the question with the images. Can you explain more?

Hylle

I can understand it can be difficult to see from the picture. Try seeing this also, this time I tried to make the board very thin, but it stays at the same thickness in HLMV, Hammer, etc.

I deleted the original model in my folder before compiling this one, to make sure I wasn't loading an old model in HLMV.

wallworm

So essentially you are saying that the model in Max is not represented by the model in Source?

My best guess is that you need to reset the model's XForm. You can do this by applying an XForm modifier to the model and optionally collapsing back to editable poly.

Generally speaking, you should not scale a model at the object level--only the sub-object level. For more info, read this page on model scale.

If this isn't the solution, you'd need to send me the model.

Hylle

The resetting of scale, in the hiearchy tab, that you explained here http://dev.wallworm.com/document/127/my_model_scale_is_wrong.html

worked like a charm, thank you very much  ;D

wallworm

Glad it helped. That single issue is the cause for many emails over the years. But it's really just something you need to learn about in Max in general.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk