What's this about a DMX Exporter?

Started by wallworm, October 16, 2013, 12:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

So the word on the street is that a lot of people are wanting a DMX exporter. Not to plant any rumors or anything, but I happened to see this output fly across my screen tonight in 3ds Max:

If you want to see this finished and shared, please donate! It would make me happy. And it would make the wife happy. And the happier she is, the happier I am... and the more I can work on brewing up more kickass goods for you all.

waterfomdust

this definitely needs to happen!  ;D  donation coming your way next payday.  thanks for all this stuffs!

wallworm

Ha... it only took 7 months for someone to notice this! :)

I've gotten the ground work for this already done... but it's going to take a lot of my time to push through the rest. As this is a feature I've personally not needed yet, I've stalled on it. There has only been one donation to date for this function, which is why I have not taken the time to add it yet.

waterfomdust

I can't believe this sneak peak hasn't garnered more attention. Personally, I would love to see it. Tomorrow is payday. Expect a 2nd donation and request for this.  lol

Thanks for all the hard work!

wallworm

Tonight marks the first occasion of a model being exported with WW into DMX.

More work coming.

Stay tuned.

wallworm

And now we've got WWMT exporting semi-complex models and hulls with DMX. Now about to tackle animation DMX files. Then complex DMX with flexes.

Again, stay tuned.

Orvid

Don't forget about making it fast! I've already cut export time by 1/3rd, and that's just with a small modification! (it should provide a noticeable performance boost to SMD exporting as well)

wallworm

Quote from: Orvid on January 08, 2015, 10:03:34 PM
Don't forget about making it fast! I've already cut export time by 1/3rd, and that's just with a small modification! (it should provide a noticeable performance boost to SMD exporting as well)

Woot!

wallworm

I am busy working on this.

I would be very happy if those wanting Max DMX would send me sample DMX in ascii from other sources of some very simple animated models and those with flex data in DMX format. I need to compare various results. Send me your original QC and DMX files. At this point, I have a DMX exporter that should be exporting animations, but something isn't quite right. So I need some more comparison files.

wallworm

I had a breakthrough tonight and the DMX flex exporter is now done. As soon as I build animation exports and wrinklemaps, I'll post the updated DMX exporter to WW Pro.

wallworm

Last element to add for DMX is now wrinklemap controls. No promises... but maybe available this weekend in WW Pro.

wallworm

Wrinkelmaps now work in WW Pro. See the Wrinklemap docs here. I'll demonstrate the process in a video very soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk