WW settings and game folder

Started by Totorang, January 04, 2014, 04:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totorang

Helo all.
I have problems with setting WW.
I do not have "GarrysMod" folder in "common". But in folder on my account "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\diz290\garrysmod", here my garry's mod by default. In GameConfig.txt I understand how to change direction to the files... there is another problem.
If I'm doing everything as tutorial but with my garrysmod folder, I can not find component files (modelrc, materialsrc, mapsrc, Game info ...) and where they should be stored.

My Folder ...\diz290\garrysmod\garrysmod

Maybe I should create this folder ("GarrysMod" in "Common"), or something like that?

Sorry for my English. I Hope you can understand me  ;D

wallworm

Basically, the folders for this is generally the same folders you'd use for compiling  in the mod that Gmod is piggybacking off of.

You may want to review the instructions on setting up Gmod for WW here. If that doesn't help, post back here.

Totorang

Quote from: wallworm on January 05, 2014, 10:12:27 AM
Basically, the folders for this is generally the same folders you'd use for compiling  in the mod that Gmod is piggybacking off of.

You may want to review the instructions on setting up Gmod for WW here. If that doesn't help, post back here.

Thanks for the answer.
I checked all the way in my folder, I can not find сstrike, TF2 and dods files and folders or something like that.

In the Common folder I have the Tf2, CSS.

But for copy the gameinfo, I need garrysmod directory.

Well if this is a problem ... I can set WW settings give way to modelsrc, materialsrc, mapsrs, in the folder Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf (also the cstrike) ? Or only ...\garrysmod\content ...? But again the problem with the structure of the folders garrysmod

ammm... Can I replace a gameinfo file garrysmod directory of tf2 (css), but it probably will be crazy?  :-\

Oh ye... I do not have any "content" folder in garrysmod

Totorang

Hello again ....
I solved the problem.
From the beginning I deleted garrys mod. Then steam right click on garrys mod -> properties -> beta -> here I changed beta on Dev - Development Branch. Installed the game again.

What exactly helped, I don't know, but it works for me.
I hope that everything will be okay)

Thx wallworm for help  ;D

wallworm

Glad you figured it out. Sometimes figuring things out on your own is best as it helps you pick up tidbits you wouldn't otherwise gather... even when success is not straightforward.

And welcome to the WW forums. Feel free to share screen shots of your projects here :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk