3DS Max files(obj files) to Source Filmmaker?

Started by supervideogamer15, January 05, 2014, 10:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervideogamer15

Hi, I am very new to Wallworm, as well as using the program Source Filmmaker. Now, I have multiple obj files that I have downloaded on my computer, and I was wondering if there was a way to export that file into Source Filmmaker, so I could have those files into that program for animation purposes. Unfortunately, I have searched everywhere, but haven't found an answer.

Now, if anyone could explain to me how to do this in 3DS Max 2014(I have it) somehow and export it to Source Filmmaker in a very simplified way(since I'm very new to doing this) I'd be much obliged. I have installed WallWorm correctly(by following the tutorial) for my version of 3DS Max, but now I am totally lost. What do I need to do now? I have my model ready, but now what do I do? If you guys know a video that can help with this, I'd be greatly appreciated. Sorry for bothering any of you guys, I just wanted to know and all.

supervideogamer15

Also, I am a COMPLETE newbie. Anyways, hopefully you guys can help, and if so, great!

wallworm

Welcome to WW.

Exporting is pretty straight forward. But the path is really dependent on what you are trying to do.

The fact that something in an OBJ file or made in Max is irrelevant.

Here is an example of how you can see how it works:

1) Open an empty scene.

2) Create three primitives (a Teapot, Pyramid and Tube)

3) Click Wall Worm > Wall Worm Level Design > Anvil

4) Open the Models tab

5) Select your Three Objects created above

6) Scroll down to the WWMT Model Functions subrollout in the models tab.

7) Turn on these Generate options: Local $origin, Origin in SMD, Rotate Origin, $staticprop.

8) Click the Quick WWMT button. It will create three WWMT helpers.

9) Select those new helpers (or deselect all objects in scene)*

10) Click the Quick Compile button. Now all models compile into Source.

11) Click the All Textures button. Now all the materials get exported (if any are there... which will be dependent on some other settings on automatically assigning a material upon WWMT creation in global settings or if you happen to apply a material).

There are other paths to your intended action, but this should give you an idea.

* Selecting the WWMT helpers limits the compiler to only those WWMT models you select. Deselecting and running Quick COmpile will compile all models in scene.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk