Help Creating Garry's Mod Accessories!

Started by Akiad, February 06, 2014, 06:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akiad

Hello! I am trying to create accessories for gmod (Hats/helmets/etc.) I have the actual model and texture created, but I was wondering if someone could help me with adding the head bone and exporting it. I have absolutely no clue how the head bone should work, and whenever I try to compile through Wall Worm it only exports .smds, .vtfs, and a .qc. I would love to give whomever helps me credit, and I would be happy for their help on future projects. I would be very grateful if someone could add me on Steam (Akiad) and explain it to me step by step from there.

I know those don't currently have the texture, but trust me I made one xD

wallworm

Your best bet is to make a bone node at world origin, name the bone the same as the bone this model needs to be attached to, apply a skin modifier to your model and add your bone to the Skin's bone listbox.

As for the model not compiling, it may be that your WW settings are not set up such that the BIN Directory points to a folder with both vtex.exe and studiomdl.exe. Your best bet is to watch the video on the Set Up Wall Worm page.

Akiad

How do I find the name of the bone? Also, if I am missing either studiomdl or vtex, what should I do?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk