Importing VMF with nodraw textures

Started by hlstriker, February 27, 2014, 06:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlstriker

Hi everyone, I'm curious if it's possible to have WW delete any faces with a nodraw texture when importing a VMF file?

wallworm

Yes, there are.

One option is to select the objects that share the same material, add an Edit Poly Modifier, go to polygon sub-element mode, scroll down to the material ID section in the modifier stack, select the ID matching the NODRAW for selection, then hit Delete.

Now there could be better ways too.

One question I have is why delete them? If you intend to re-export the brushes (as brushes) then there will be errors, leaks, etc.

hlstriker

Thanks for the information. I actually didn't plan to re-export the brushes, I wanted to try and compile the entire map into a model. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way but this is the closest thing I could find to try and get my VMF into model format.

I had been researching this for a while now and stumbled across this Dear Esther post. It seems we both have been trying similar ideas. Basically I've been trying to turn my map into a model and needed the faces with nodraw deleted so there are less polys.

wallworm

I see.

It's certainly possible. The technique outlined above is an option. Let us know how you get along.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk