Weapon Inquiry

Started by jammarman, March 19, 2014, 05:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammarman

OK, so I know this question might need a long answer but I am entirely lost, Ive looked for youtube tutorials and everything but I haven't really found much .

I need to make weapons for a gmod server, but you see, I have no idea how, I can model in 3DS max, and I have managed to make and export models into gmod with textures. So what do I do to make weapons. I don't need to worry about anything past the modelling and exporting phase, I've got a guy who will do the coding and stuff for me.

If you could help me out that'd be great.

wallworm

Quote from: jammarman on March 19, 2014, 05:47:45 AM
I need to make weapons for a gmod server, but you see, I have no idea how, I can model in 3DS max, and I have managed to make and export models into gmod with textures. So what do I do to make weapons. I don't need to worry about anything past the modelling and exporting phase, I've got a guy who will do the coding and stuff for me.

I'm really a little confused. If you can already model and texture, and someone else is handling the code, what else is there? Maybe it is that you need to skin it to some bones named the same as the bone the weapon attaches to in the game? If so, you may want to get a full valve human rig (bones) and skin the weapon 100% to the bone or attachment the weapon should use.

See if that helps you out :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk